Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ponderings - 1

Somehow I fail to understand a few words in English. Let me start with the word "Free".
I get this message from my telecoms subscriber who pretty much is the only person who manages to remember me every day and never fails to message me.

Anyway the message reads as follows:
Free Free Free. Hello tunes absolutely free. Dial 1725 to listen to Hello tunes absolutely free.
Call charges Rs 10 per minute. Hello tune charges Rs 30 per month and download charges Rs 10/song.

Since I receive these messages everyday, I'm quite confused about the meaning of "free".
And touching upon the topic, I would like to also ask this question: Who the hell pays for a tune that you never get to listen to? I mean how crazy should I be to pay for something that some annoying telemarketer is going to listen to while I take my own sweet time to answer the phone.

The only real time that you get to listen to your caller tune is when you have lost your cellphone. So enjoy listening to your hello tunes at that time.

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, those so-called "free" hello tunes can leave anyone confused about the meaning of the word free.

    I realized how useless hello tunes are, when my dad got a dumb song as his hello tune. Now every time I call him, I have to keep the phone a mile away from my ear :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh.. how i miss these sessions we had in hostel..

    ReplyDelete